Samstag, 7. Dezember 2013

How a girl became a football fan

Hello everybody!
There is one main question I've heard over and over again since I watch football: "How did you become a football fan?" Well, I'd like to give you an answer, because it is a good question for someone like me. And I often thought about it, because I have no parents or brothers or sisters who love football. So, I wasn't used to it and to be honest I wasn't interested in football for years. Though I have to say that I lived in a small village without any women's football team and girls or women had nothing to do with football (which is very sad). 

The national team in 2006, source: Bundesregierung.de
Fortunately, in 2006, the World Cup took place in Germany and everybody was very enthusiastic about football. Me, too. I've watched the matches with a friend from school and we had a lot of fun. 


A few months later, there was a UEFA Champions League match between Werder Bremen and FC Chelsea in television and I recognized a few football players from the national team like Tim Borowski, Torsten Frings and Miroslav Klose. 

Werder Bremen in 2006, source: Werder.de
I started to watch all kind of international matches until there was another World Cup in South Africa in 2010. 
I can't tell you, why, but when the championship was over, I decided to watch German premier league. I became really interested in football. As one of my cousins was a supporter from Werder Bremen, I remembered my sympathy for that team. Well, the more I got my teeth into it, the more I liked that club and that's why I am also a supporter from Werder Bremen. 
During the following months, I also became fan from Borussia Dortmund and started to play football myself.

It isn't an extraordinary story, but that's how I became a football fan. Some people may think, that it is impossible to be fan from two different teams, but I don't share this opinion. I support both clubs the same way and with the same intensity.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen