Today, I want to show you all football stadia I've visited yet.
Weserstadion in Bremen
I've visited the traditional stadium from SV Werder Bremen for matches against Schalke 04, FC Augsburg and SC Freiburg. It has kept his traditional name and is equipped with more than 42.000 seats.
This stadium is also an arena for different events. Fortuna Düsseldorf welcomes its opponents for football matches, but there are also e.g. music events, concerts or other sports events. More than 54.600 spectators can visit the arena for such an event.
BORUSSIA-PARK in Mönchengladbach
There, I've watched a match between Borussia Mönchengladbach and Werder Bremen two years ago.
It is an impressive stadium and is similar to the Weserstadion. It has a capacity about nearly 60.000 seats.
SIGNAL IDUNA PARK in Dortmund
This is the stadium from Borussia Dortmund and it is breathtaking when you visit it for the first time. With more than 80.600 seats it is the biggest football stadium in Germany.
Veltins-Arena in Gelsenkirchen
As the ESPRIT arena it does not look like a typical stadium but like a modern arena. Different music and sports events take place there. It is also the stadium from Schalke 04 with more than 61.600 seats.
MAGE SOLAR Stadion in Freiburg
It is a typical and small stadium in the south of Germany with 24.000 seats, where the SC Freiburg stages his football matches. Moreover, the MAGE SOLAR Stadion was the first stadium I've ever visited.
Furthermore, I've been at the Olympiastadion in Berlin and at the rewirpowerSTADION in Bochum, which is a traditional football stadium with 29.299 seats. You're very close to the pitch and you have a good overview of the match. It is the home ground from VfL Bochum.
Which stadia have you visited already and where do you still want to go?
I

Hi Lisa, nice blogpost. I have to say, by now I visited every stadium of the first german soccer league. I also saw some stadia of the second one like Karlsruhe, Kaiserslautern, Köln, Düsseldorf or Fürth. Fortunately I had the chance to visit some international stadia as well. I was in Mailand, Enschede, Montepellier, Basel and London. In March a dream of mine comes true because I will visit a match of Schalke against Real Madrid and I will see the great Bernabeu. I am very excited about this experience. Greets Annka
AntwortenLöschenHi Annka,
Löschenthank you, I'm glad you like my blogpost. Wow, I wish I would have visited that much stadia yet! I also hope to see some international stadia, especially Wembley stadium in London and Camp Nou in Barcelona. I wish you a lot of fun and great experiences in Madrid!
Greets Lisa
Hey Lisa,
AntwortenLöschenI really enjoyed reading your blogpost because it reminds of the times we were at the stadium together. The three times we visited soccer games between Schalke 04 and our favorite soccer club Werder Bremen at the Veltins-Arena in Gelsenkirchen, the two times we were at the Weserstadion in Bremen and the day when we attended the "Wintercup" at the ESPRIT arena in Düsseldorf in January 2012. Not to forget our trip to the SIGNAL IDUNA PARK in March last year, when Borussia Dortmund played against SC Freiburg. It was very funny and I look forward to the next time we're at the stadium together!
And I can add one more stadium I visited in the past: the Merceds-Benz-Arena in Stuttgart. I attended one soccer game in 2010 between VfB Stuttgart and Werder Bremen and one in 2003, when the stadium was still called Gottlieb-Daimler-Stadion.
But no stadium is nearly as beautiful as the Weserstadion - I think you agree with me...;-).
Love, Sarah
Hi Sarah,
Löschenthank you, I'm glad you like my blogpost. I remember every game we visited and it was really funny, I'll never forget! I've never been in Stuttgart before, but I would like to visit every stadium in Germany.
I definitely agree with you about the Weserstadion and I'm looking forward to visit a match from Werder with you again! Maybe we've luck and they win :-D
This is really cool to see an article discussing all the different stadiums in NRW. I have never been to a game before, but I hope to before heading back to the U.S. Maybe this article will help me decide which one I want to go to.
AntwortenLöschen