Yesterday, I visited the football match between Schalke 04 and Werder Bremen, which was the third time in a row. But this time, me and my friends had tickets for the supporter's block from the away team. So, everything was as common as different. Well, you have to know that we live in Gelsenkirchen for studying, so Schalke is always around us - which can be very annoying. We arrived at the stadium at 12.30 pm and went to the entrance for the opposing supporters. It was kind of creepy, because we only met three other green-white fans. We greeted them and waited... Bit by bit, all the other fans arrived, which created a team spirit you have to experience firsthand.
As we were allowed to enter the stadium, we had to walk through a tunnel. I felt like an outlaw, because everything was kind of small and narrow and there wasn't much space for that many people. We weren't allowed to leave our block, which is normal when you're away, but still strange when you witness that only for the second time. Nevertheless, we were in a good mood, though the atmosphere was a little bit tense.
Just before the match started, there was a fight in our block, which wasn't good at all. One guy right behind us wore a scarf from Borussia Dortmund and was asked by another fan to take it off. Well, he didn't and that was when the fight started...More and more people and the security joined it and suddenly one angry guy was right in front of me. I shouted at him that he should stop it, because I was not strong enough to do anything. Fortunately, he left and I was glad when the whole fight was over. The match started and we could support our team, which is why I love to be in a stadium.
Well, our team lost the match, though they played really good and had the chance to win or at least to get one point. As I have visited the last four matches against Schalke, I can tell you that this one was the best one. I'm sure we will win next time!

Hey Lisa,
AntwortenLöschenI've just read your blogpost and I wanted to say that you did a great job! As you know, I was right next to you at the stadium and you described the emotions, feelings and incidents comprehensibly. And I think every soccer fan would agree. Keep going!
Love, Sarah
PS: I'm sure, next time our team will win! ;-)
Hey Sarah,
Löschenthank you very much! I'm glad to hear that you like it :-)
I'll try to continue like that...
And yeah, next time, we will win!
Love, Lisa